Monday, March 3, 2008

Short Pause

It's been a bit since I posted last.
This week has hit like a hurricane. Being Platoon Sgt. eats up any free time that existed before hand.

Last week went quite well. It seems we ran a lot though. We ended up doing quite a few miles running last week in addition to the PT test on Thursday. We lost 2 people on the PT test, both failed their sit-ups. It seems odd to me that it would happen that way. You can easily work on that every night, and the minimum standard is not that high. I think they both needed to do about 50 sit-ups in under 2 minutes. My run time improved dramaticaly even though we did about 4 miles and ran stairs the day before. I knocked over a minute off my 2 mile time.

We had more classes throughout the day, and a couple of tests on Friday. I don't think anyone in our Platoon failed either test. In addition to that we had a few things that the cadre wanted us to memorize so we took a short quiz on that. There were 3 people who could not recall at least 70% of the knowledge so they stayed and took the test on Saturday morning.

The Parade went well where we got promoted to Senior Officer Canidates. There are some more privlages that come with that but I have yet to see them.

No comments: